One of our clients is looking to grow his business by adding a Lead Commercial Construction Superintendent. They specialize in retail construction to include new development as well as redevelopment in the Southeast. This person will oversee the start to finish of a project to include planning, directing, and coordinating all activities of construction and subcontractors at the project site to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame by performing the following duties:
• Supports all corporate safety initiatives to make safety a top priority for all projects and commits to provide a safe working environment.
• Studies plans, contracts, and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, with emphasis on safety, quality, schedule, and budget.
• Plays an instrumental role in project schedule development and leads construction activities in a manner which maintains the logic, sequence, and timeline requirements of the overall project schedule.
• Assembles members of the site team (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers as required) at start of project.
• Manages procurement and delivery of tools and materials at specified times to conform to quality standards and work schedules.
• Consults with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to maintain the project schedule.
• Advises supervisory and field labor personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
• Consults with supervisory, design team personnel, inspectors, and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and is adhering to the construction schedule.
• Performs certain field labor functions as required.
• Prepares and reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Committed to building successful relationships through factual, fair, firm, and friendly interactions with all partners.
• At least three years of experience as a Lead Construction Superintendent
• Must be proficient in reading blueprints, communication, scheduling, and have a complete understanding construction projects